Benton County‎ > ‎

Adult Education and Literacy

Adult Education and Literacy

MO Learns
Missouri Adult Education and Literacy

MOLearns is Missouri's FREE high school equivalency (HSE) preparation online classroom. Complete your lessons online, 24/7 at home, when it is most convenient for your schedule.
Work at your own pace, and follow an individualized learning plan. All instructors are certified professional educators that will provide motivation and assistance in your studies.This program is sponsored by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).
For a list of GED class and testing sites:

Ozarks Literacy Council
397 E. Central St., Springfield, MO 65802

Ozarks Literacy Council offers free programs (One-on-One Tutoring, Preschool Readings, and book distributions) to raise awareness and promote literacy. Online ZOOM classes are available.

SFCC Adult Learning Center
130 Lillie Ln, Warsaw, MO 65355

High School Equivalency (HSE) classes to be held on the State Fair Community College Sedalia campus and at sites in Appleton City, Boonville, Carrollton, Clinton, Richmond, Osceola, Warrensburg, and Warsaw.
SFCC’s Adult Education and Literacy (AEL) program provides individualized and group instruction for anyone who wants to develop or improve skills in language arts, reading, math, social studies, or science toward taking the HSE exam, which was formerly known as the GED©.
English Language classes and Adult Literacy classes also are available.

State Fair Community College - Warsaw
20363 Lane of Champions, Warsaw, MO 65355

Whether you want to get into the workforce quickly or earn a degree that will transfer to a four-year college, SFCC-Warsaw can help you discover the direction that’s right for you. Attend SFCC in Boonville, Clinton, Eldon, Lake of the Ozarks, Sedalia, Warsaw, Whiteman Air Force Base in Knob Noster, and online. You don’t have to travel far to reach your career and academic goals at SFCC! SFCC offers Skills and Professional Certificates, Associate of Applied Science degrees and Associate of Arts, Associate of Fine Arts, Associate of Arts in Teaching, and Associate of Science in Chemistry or Engineering degrees for transferring to four-year colleges or universities.