Osage‎ > ‎

Volunteer Opportunities

Osage County Emergency Management
205 E. Main, Linn, MO 65051
573-897-3561    24 hours a day: 573-897-0911

Community Organizations Active in Disaster (COAD) provide human service needs too our community.  These included non-profit, governmental, volunteer, faith=based, public service organizations and businesses.

Central Missouri Community Action - Osage County Family Resource Center
305 Main Street PO Box 228, Linn, MO  65051
573-897-3523    Fax: 573-340-6643

Services: Early Head Start, Head Start, emergency energy services, family support services, employment & training services, computers available for developing resumes, foster grandparent services, section 8 rental assistance, housing developments and weatherization. 

Missouri Department of Conservation
Regional Office for Osage County
2901 W. Truman Blvd., Jefferson City, MO 65109
573-751-4115   Fax: 573-751-4467

Do you have a passion for the outdoors? MDC offers flexible volunteer opportunities for individuals  who want to educate others about Missouri’s fish, forest, and wildlife resources. If you enjoy teaching others about the natural world, then you should volunteer at conservation nature centers and interpretive sitesVolunteers at shooting ranges and outdoor education centers provide a safe and educational experience for hunters to improve their skills.  Fishing education volunteer instructors help beginning anglers gain the skills and confidence to go fishing on their own. Your favorite conservation area may have volunteer opportunities. Projects include tree planting, habitat restoration, species monitoring, wildflower seed collection, and trail building. Contact your local regional office for more information.

Volunteer: SHIP Volunteers - Medicare Counseling - Osage County
Linn, Mo  65051

We have been the official State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) for Missouri since 1993. We are a nonprofit organization and all of our services are free, unbiased and confidential. We are not an insurance agency.  Volunteers receive extensive training by participating in a four-day comprehensive Medicare training course, as well as by receiving an additional 12 hours of continuing education trainings annually.

Osage County Historical Society
Cultural Heritage Center
103 S. 4th Street, PO Box 402, Linn, Mo  65051
Hours:   Wednesdays & Thursdays 9:00 am to 4:00 pm and Saturdays 9:00 am to noon

The Cultural Heritage Center housing all our historical records and available for research, is located on the grounds of the Zewicki House Museum.
The Cultural Heritage Center welcomes volunteers. We encourage you to become more involved in your county's heritage by helping to preserve its history through volunteering your time. Please call ahead to verify that we are open.

Sleep In Heavenly Peace
844-432-BEDS (2337)

We fully believe that a bed is a basic need for the proper physical, emotional, and mental support that a child needs.  All children deserve a safe, comfortable place to lay their heads. In Idaho and across the U.S., too many boys and girls go without a bed - or even a pillow - to sleep on. These children end up sleeping on couches, blankets, and even floors. This can affect their happiness and health.
That's where Sleep in Heavenly Peace comes in. We're a group of volunteers dedicated to building, assembling and delivering top-notch bunk beds to children and families in need. Our organization has grown steadily over time, and we're working on opening more chapters in different states to serve more people.
How to Request a Bed
You can request a bed in one of two ways:
1.) As a Bed Recipient: To qualify as a bed recipient, you must be the legal guardian of the child or children receiving the bed. Please submit the online SHP Application Form mentioned above. https://www.shpbeds.org/request-free-twin-bed
2.) As a Referral: Referring a family for a bed is a big responsibility. Generally, it is through referrals that we find the families who need our beds the most. If you’re a referral, please submit the online SHP Application Form. https://www.shpbeds.org/request-free-twin-bed  
Also, if you’ve referred a family to us, you’ll need to be present for the bed delivery if they’re selected. We also need the ability to reach people who refer a family via phone or text.
Sleep in Heavenly Peace is always eager to help families in need, particularly ones whose kids have uncomfortable sleeping arrangements. Unfortunately, we can only help families who are close to our active chapters.
Therefore, you must fit the following criteria to receive one of our bunk beds:
1.) Location: You must live near one of our active chapters. To find your local chapter, view our locations here. https://www.shpbeds.org/chapters
2.) Living Environment: You must have an accessible house or apartment with a room large enough to fit one of our beds.
3.) Contact: We must be able to contact you via phone, text or email.
4.) Necessary Documents: You’ll need to fill out our online SHP Application Form. https://www.shpbeds.org/request-free-twin-bed 
      If your application is accepted, you’ll need to sign an Indemnification Release Form (you can do this when your bed arrives).